Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Yes, I am sewing-challenged :) , so here's a sewing tip

This should be intuitive, but I kept forgetting to consult my intuition. I am gradually getting better at remembering this tip and thought I would pass it along to others who are planning-ahead-challenged :).

When making a bag (or anything) with pockets, I keep forgetting that the pockets will cover up what's underneath. I would cut out a perfectly wonderful base piece with a cute part of the fabric print nicely centered...only to cover it with a pocket. So remember to plan your pockets that will be covering a print before you plan the background piece. At left are 2 of the pockets for an Inside Out Bag and, above right, the placement of one of those pockets on the background. Same goes for the Purse Organizer.

No comments: