Wednesday, November 16, 2011

More Purse Organizer Smiles, this time from Lindsay ...

Not to gloat, but I love getting photos and notes from those who have ventured to try one of my patterns.  This is also a DIY Kit (the other here) for a purse organizer.  Lindsay sent these photos - check this out:
 She even made her own "signature square" for it!
And just as an encouragement to all you new sewers, here is what Lindsay said:
"I just wanted to let you know that the purse organizer turned out wonderfully! I think this is the third thing I've sewn...ever, so it probably took me a bit longer than it would someone with a bit more experience, but even with running out of bobbin thread and getting my thread all caught up in the machine (only once though, I'm getting better), the total time was less than 4 hours. I cut out patterns from extra pieces of fabric and can't wait to make more of these! I think every female in my family will be getting one for Christmas. The only change I made was that once I was all finished, I ended up pulling out the stitching from one of the pockets to create one bigger and one regular size pocket on that side, purely personal preference (my cell phone cover makes it too big to fit in one of the regular size ones, without the cover it's fine). Thanks again for a great product!"
I'm beaming :).  And Lindsay, you should, too. You did a fantastic job!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Thanks for featuring me, Christie! It's so much fun to see something I made online. My husband would argue I had a bit too much fun, as I would not rest until he had returned my high-fives at least a hundred times that night. Have a great Thanksgiving!