Thursday, August 5, 2010

Discovering an Inspiration




I'm excited!  I love it when I come across something and, all of a sudden, my brain starts going bananas with inspiration.  What a fun feeling.
I've been going through a book I bought recently: Collage Sourcebook.  Many artists are featured including their techniques.  But one kept catching my eye.  And then I read an essay by her on her creative process.  I could identify with so many things she said...or I aspire to become that kind of free artist, an artist whose creations are the outpouring of my heart and my soul through my hands.   The artist is Deborah Putnoi.  And her website has so many encouraging and inspiring words and works...even for those of us who "can't draw".  I especially enjoyed her Journal pages.
I'm ripe for the picking on this, too, as I am starting to do more collage or assemblage with fiber-related materials. Yea for inspiration! :)

Both images are from Deborah Putnoi's site.

2 comments:

shibori girl said...

Hey Christie!

It's so nice to find inspiration in a kindred spirit, isn't it?

Good luck with the collage efforts. Has the show started yet?

xoxo,

Kate

Eva said...

Lovely. It is fun to do -- and will be a treasured memory!