Friday, May 1, 2009

"Art for your heart * Fun for your soul"


"Art for your heart * Fun for your soul" is the byline on the Arthead Studio website. And it is fun, fun, fun! And clever, too. Deborah Kracht does so many different, very colorful, and fun pieces using wool fibers (she needle-felts them) and/or found objects...and paint! I bought a felthead that is entitled "Anger Management". It hangs on my studio door and makes me smile everytime I see it. Her website, http://www.artheadstudio.com/ , is worth visiting. She also has an Etsy shop with prints of her watercolors as well as some of her felt and recycle/found object pieces.
And she has an impressive Show schedule. So you might be able to catch her live and in person. As with most art, seeing her pieces up close is even better than the photos, so much easier to see the details and fun to see what titles she has named them.

I find her pieces inspiring. They are a reminder to me to have fun with my creativity AND that there's a LOT you can do with a thrown-away colander and bottlecaps!

All photos, and the title of this posting, are Deborah's from her websites.

No comments: